Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On Tuscon

I am heading down to Tuscon tomorrow. While there I am going to stop by an pay my respects at the store where the terrible shooting took place on January 8th.

There is no easy way to make sense of something so senseless.  I won't try to attempt to do that here. But, I will say that the way to heal is to remember the beauty that surrounds us.

To that end, please take a moment to listen to this Paul Simon song Under African Skies:


Lyrics from the song:
In early memory
Mission music
Was ringing 'round my nursery door
I said take this child, Lord
From Tucson Arizona
Give her the wings to fly through harmony
And she won't bother you no more


This is the story of how we begin to remember
This is the powerful pulsing of love in the vein
After the dream of falling and calling your name out
These are the roots of rhythm
And the roots of rhythm remain

Please read that a few times.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment